Home is where the heart is.

Amazing to say that for a bank holiday weekend the weather in most of the UK was good, and I hope like me you have been able to enjoy it.

It was my fathers 88th birthday and we had a great family get-together at my sisters. These days with different work schedules it is not always easy for families to get together. Almost all of ours was there and those who couldn’t make it stayed in touch with phone calls, texts etc. Oh the wonders of modern day living!

It was great to sit together exchange recent news, remember great stories from previous years but most importantly to be together. My father said his greatest present was us being together and I think for those of us, as we get older time, telephone calls, contact with our loved ones does mean so much. Unfortunately there are some out there who do not get on with family or who have even lost touch with family I think that is such a shame but everyone does have different reasons and up-bringing.

However, to go back to our gathering, as we sat together and enjoyed a wonderful buffet of meats, cheeses, tuna, salads etc - yes good low carb grub, the grand children were able to have fun in the garden, as you can see from the pictures below. The tree house is an ‘old family heirloom’ and my brother-in-law was almost lynched when he said he was thinking of taking it down. Many, of the kids over the last 25 years or more have happy memories of that tree house, and now two new ones are discovering the family heirloom delights.

The other picture is of some of my dads birthday badges, he is wearing his sleeveless ‘granddads’ jumper that my dear mum knitted for him, she sadly passed away a few years ago. Never a day goes by when we do not think or talk about her.

Family is love, loyalty and wonderful memories.

All the best Jan



Oscar age 4
Amelia just one and never stops running around


No comments:

Post a Comment