Why we fight the war !

I have often used the word war in the fight against diabetic dietary stupidity. Some have said or intimated I’m a wave short of a ship wreck for using that term. They may be right, but what else do you call a situation, when so many people are being killed and die before their time ? Bad luck, a mistake an accident ? I don’t think so. People are being killed by corrupt Politicians, by big pharma and junk food companies. Being killed by greed, greed and more greed.

Over the years many people have thanked us for helping them. We do not let any of this go to our heads, we never lose sight of the fact, we are merely messengers. As Sir Isaac Newton once said “If I have seen further it is because I have stood on the shoulders of giants” We have not stood on shoulders, but we have followed people such as Dr. Malcolm Kendrick, Dr. John Briffa, Dr. Katharine Morrison Dr. Des Spence, Dr. T. Neville, Dr. Richard Bernstein, Dr. Jay Wortman, Dr. Mercola. We have been guided and encouraged by people such as Jimmy Moore, Sean Croxton, Mark Sisson, Gary Taubes. Long term diabetics, Fergus, Timo, Dennis, IanD and others at diabetes.co.uk these people are the stars.

I see our team more like guerrilla warfare fighters. We can’t fight against big pharma and multinational food companies, although we do shine a spotlight on their skulduggery when we can. But we have been successful in seeing off idiotic forum moderators, lunatic dietitions, whacko diabetes forum owners and moronic forum members. We have been called bullies, but we see ourselves as bullying the bullies. Others may take a different view.  We appreciate that some people would not agree with all the threads on this blog, but there is method in the madness, and to be honest, for Graham and myself, winding up the low carb anti dullards, has now become our favourite sport. These people are spreaders of misinformation. With so much confusing information, confusing the often confused, especially the newly diagnosed Type 2 diabetic, these anti’s are doing no-one any favours. We believe we are on the right track, and a comment sent into us today confirms this. When we started our war, we hoped we could help maybe a couple of people to live a longer, happier and more active life, we have helped many, but as I said earlier, we appreciate we are only messengers.

A comment we received yesterday on the Sten thread     


“Now I just wanna say thanks to all the low carb team here who have helped me SO much. Now in my second year of low carb and my blood test numbers are 5.2 YES that'll do!!!!! Following the web site and then different articles here my diabetes is SO much improved well guess I mean MY control of it. Did come in for some comments on ETYM when first following you all here some thought I was some one else I guess I never really understood SO continued gaily along MY way and MY choice. Will I make 4.9 next time? Who knows but at 5.2 that will do LOL. I intend keeping my eye sight and my limbs what others do is down to them. BUT thanks SO very very much.”

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment