My latest Retinopathy test, I got lucky !

On Wednesday I had my annual Retinopathy test. I got lucky, the test was completely clear and over five years into type two diabetes, no eye complications. The reason I say lucky, was because I got the good technician. The place that tests me has two regular people. One is a miserable person that explains nothing and kicks me out without a comment, and the other, a wonderful young woman who shows me the photographs and we discuss the situation in detail.

I am a semi retired photographer, I fear blindness. I believe my minimal diabetes medication and diet of 50 carbs per day maximum, is the reason for my non diabetic BG numbers, and is saving my eyes. If I am wrong, I reckon I could have done no more, I can live with that.

Eddie

No comments:

Post a Comment